Welcome to the first post of my Power of Rocks series!
If you have no idea what the hell this post is about, please click here!
How Amethyst is made:
An amethyst geode is a hollow rock with amethyst crystals lining the inner walls, so first the cavity must be formed. This can happen anywhere there is or was lava close to the earth’s surface. … The first step in the natural process that creates amethyst geodes is the formation of gas cavities in lava.
Properties of Amethyst:
Amethyst is a natural tranquilizer, it relieves stress and strain, soothes irritability, balances mood swings, dispels anger, rage, fear and anxiety. Alleviates sadness and grief, and dissolves negativity. Amethyst activates spiritual awareness, opens intuition and enhances psychic abilities.
5 Ways to use Amethyst for mind, body and home:
- Enjoy a better night sleep by placing a piece of amethyst near your bed. It helps clear the mind.
- Create a peaceful office space by putting amethyst in your office or place of work to help with feeling of tension. It can help you concentrate more so you can get things done right the first time.
- Amethyst helps give you inspiration. Since amethyst can give you clarity and promote inner peace, it can be a great tool to help you find inspiration.
- Wear them to fight off negativity. Sometime negativity finds you and can weigh you down- try wearing amethyst as a piece of jewelry or even carry one in your pocket to help combat against negativity.
- Give amethyst as a gift. Do you have people that often come to you for a solution in their stressful lives? Try giving them a piece of amethyst. It can help encourage peace and healing in their lives.
Amethyst is my all time favorite rock. I have some by my bed, in my purse, and am wearing an amethyst necklace 99% of the time. I have also made a rock grid with amethyst in it to help dissolve negative energy in my home. I have many different pieces of amethyst, polished, unpolished, cut and uncut. I personally prefer the unpolished and uncut pieces because it feels more natural and I think it’s more beautiful.
Amethyst is the birthstone for February!
The February birthstone, amethyst, is said to strengthen relationships and give its wearer courage. At one time, only royalty could wear the gem. Ancient Greeks thought that the amethyst guarded against intoxication. In fact, “amethyst” comes from amethystos, a Greek word meaning “sober.”
I’ve always loved amethyst!
When I was little, my mom use to buy me those bag of stones from gift shops anytime we traveled anywhere and I would always fill them up with mostly amethyst, so I’ve always been attracted to it. I grew up with a lot of negativity in my life so I am sure that’s why I was always drawn to this rock. I never knew the meaning back then. I have amethyst everywhere in my room, and let me tell you, you can literally feel the energy difference in my room compared to other rooms in my house. It feels more calm and peaceful in my room. I made a rock grid on my dresser once and one of my friends put her hand over it and said, “I can feel the energy coming from this grid… It literally went from my fingertips and then through my whole body.” My cat likes to knock things off my dresser so she can lay up there, but she never touched my rock grid. If you really want to know how much I love this rock, click here and look at my tattoo.
A message from me:
A lot of you probably think I sound nuts, but it’s what I believe and what I feel. This series isn’t to deter anyone away from their beliefs, whether it be religious, spiritual or scientific. This is simply what I feel. Everything has energy though and that’s what I get from this.
Please take a minute to take the survey!