Apparently, toddlers know how to word things to get their way and they’re good at it. My daughter is pro. I thought I’d share some of the things she tells me to persuade me into giving her what she wants.
I never have a clean bathroom
So, Averie insists that she go potty in MY bathroom. I don’t let the kids use my bathroom because they destroy it. I am always cleaning something off the walls, toothpaste off the counter, and trash off the floor so I just don’t let them in there. Well, Averie will just barge in my room and walk right in my bathroom. When I tell her to go use the other bathroom, here are her responses:
- I’m about to pee in my panties so I have to pee in your bathroom!
- But the other bathroom stinks (She ain’t wrong though)
- But I CAN’TTTT!
She is so dramatic.
So, I think both my girls have a thing with checking out the public restrooms. No matter where we go, they seems to always have to pee, even if they didn’t drink anything and went before we even left the house. Never fails, Averie ALWAYS has to pee when we’re out in public. Some of her reasons for always going into a public bathroom are as followed:
- (Again) I’m going to pee in my panties
- Um, uh… I drank sooo much juice (Even though she didn’t)
- My hands are sticky and I need to wash them (Which they aren’t, she just likes the hand dryer thing)
- Because…. just because.
She is ALWAYS wanting snacks. Like one snack after another like she hasn’t eaten in weeks. I know she’s growing, but there should be a limit on how many fruit snacks one three year old can eat in 10 minutes. I have to limit her because she eats when she’s bored. Her reason’s for extra food are:
- But I am soooo HUNGRY *As she rubs her stomach*
- The buggies in my tummy are so hungry and if you no feed them, they eat me
- I LIKE FOOOOD
- And the most popular, I’M STILL HUNGRY!
She tries to make deals with us
So, I dread taking my three year old to any store with me. Sometime’s she great, but most of the time, she is a demon, but for some reason she is always asking to go to the store. When I tell her no or that I don’t need to go to the store, she then tries to bargain or sweet talk me into taking her.
- I will be good if we go to the store
- I wanna go to the store so I not cry
- But it’ll make me happy like this, see *Cheesy grin*
- But you’re my bestest friend and I like going with you.
She thinks she’s clever… Well, she actually kind of is because she gets away with half of this. Sometimes her arguments are pretty valid so I don’t have anything more to say to her. How is it that three years old’s act like demons but get what they want anyways????