I don’t get offended easily. I usually just brush things off, but there is something that has bothered me to my core lately. Which irritates me because of the sheer fact that things don’t easily offend me.
Here’s what bothers me… Unwanted Opinions. I know that people do this, they give their un-wanted opinion’s and this is in fact kind of normal, but what I’ve seen lately is that these people are beginning to really not care where, when or how they insert their un-wanted opinion’s. They don’t have boundaries They don’t care if they cross a line or hurt someone.
I think honesty is the best policy, as everyone should, but there is a difference between being honest and just being ignorant. There is no valid or beneficial reason to be ignorant to someone. Here’s what I mean…
- Telling someone that what they believe in (such as religion) is ridiculous just because you don’t believe it.
- Telling someone that their choice of what to do with a loved one after they pass is creepy or weird just because it’s not your preference.
- Telling someone that you would never dress your kid in something like that because in your opinion, it’s ugly.
- Telling someone that you don’t buy this brand or that brand because it’s the cheap gross brand.
- Telling someone that the new watch that was gifted to them is hideous just because you don’t like it.
These are just a few of the many examples I have, but none the less, they are all just so rude and heartless to say to another human being with feelings. I just don’t understand how a human being with brains and a natural sense of compassion could be so ignorant to others. How the heck does this benefit someone? Do they feel empowered? Do they feel like they are better than others and that’s why they do it?
I don’t treat people like this. I don’t have a natural sense of ignorance to just not watch what I say to others.
I JUST DON’T GET IT!