Raising a family is one of the toughest jobs ever. I know I’ve had many days where I found myself overwhelmed and just defeated. Meltdowns and tantrums plus all the other things that need to be done would overwhelm anyone. In order to avoid losing your marbles in these situations, you must read on.
Take Plenty Of Breaks.
Taking plenty of breaks is important, don’t run yourself to the ground. Perhaps you could spend your break watching a funny video , reading short stories or articles or even just walk around your backyard for some fresh air. This will help you to better manage your stress so you don’t feel so vanquished.
Give Yourself Something To Look Forward To.
If what’s getting you through your tough day is YOU time after the kids go to bed, then go big. Take a bubble bath with your favorite beverage or do a full spa; bath, facials manicure and relax in bed, the whole nine yards. You deserve it.
Have Some Fun.
If you need a quick laugh, I suggest going on facebook. You’re bound to find something amusing on there. Lol. While you are doing the house work or whatever else during the day, turn on some music and just Mariah Carrey the crap out of it. Just have fun in anything you are doing.
Keep Your Energy Levels Up.
Throughout your hectic days, it’s essential to have plenty of snacks to keep you going. Since you’re running around with your kids pretty much from sun up to sun down, you can’t afford to have a decrease in energy. Here’s a list of healthy energy boosting snacks.
- Banana’s or apples with peanut butter.Natural sweetness in the fruit takes longer to metabolize than processed sugars and the peanut butter’s protein provides a long-lasting form of energy.
- 6oz of plain non-fat yogurt.Yogurt is full of protein. If you like your yogurt sweeter and with more flavor, add in a teaspoon of honey and some fresh berries.
- 1/4 cup of dried fruits and nuts.This has a good mix of fat and protein and nuts are a slow burning food which provides sustained energy. Dried fruit has a bit of sweetness but with the added benefit of fiber.
Plan Ahead Always.
If you have a hard time managing your time, planning ahead is essential. Make a schedule or calendar and have your family contribute so that you’re not faced with any last minute surprises. If you want your day and your family to run smoothly, you all have to be on the same page.
It’s Okay To Ask For Help.
You should never feel alone when raising. Reach out to your fellow mom friends as well as your own family for help and advice to avoid an extremely stressful day. Another method is to look online for parenting forums. You are never alone when feeling overwhelmed. Every mom feels this sometimes.
Take Advantage Of Technology.
There are many apps that can help your through your day. Here is a list of helpful apps.
- Breastfeeding apps.Helps you monitor and keep on schedule with your feedings.
- Sleep pattern apps.If you’re having a hard time getting your kids to go to bed on time, these apps help monitor your kid’s sleep patterns and helps you take control of the situation.
- Daily planner apps.These help you manage your daily activities and stay better organized and it’s paperless! Look, now you’re saving trees. Good job.
- Meal planner apps.This one is my favorite. No more asking, “What do should we have for dinner?” Plan it all ahead.
You can also use technology to entertain your kids with an educational app or video. Just make sure you limit technology use with them. You don’t want technology to run their lives.
Yes, being a mom is hard. Tantrums can be over bearing. Constantly running can be tiring and at times, you feel like you’re going to lose your last tiny bit of sanity, but there are some ways to make your day run a little smoother. Remember to take a step back and breath. Don’t be upset with yourself because you’re getting discouraged. Remember, raising a family is one of the hardest jobs ever. These this has worked for my stress so I highly suggest giving it a try. ♥