A Mom Who Inspires me.
I have become extremely close to this woman over the past year.
There are many reasons why she inspires me; in more ways than just being a mom.
1. What is the most challenging thing about being a mom?
Having to be the mom and dad to them. As a single parent, I have to play the role of both and it can definitely be challenging at times, especially now that my boys are teenagers.
2. What is something you want your kids to learn when they get older?
To always be honest and true to themselves. Empathy for others. And that nothing in life is free, you have to work for what you want in life.
3. How would you describe your kid’s personalities? would you say they are like you?My oldest is a sarcastic introvert and yes, I know that’s a contradictory description lol. My middle kid is an “outside the box” kind of personality. He doesn’t fit in any mold and is very much his own style. My youngest is the most like me. An extrovert, self confident, honest to a fault and an extremely polite toddler.
4. What is one thing you make sure your kids know and understand?
Of course that I love them no matter what. Besides that, I’ve always made sure they’ve known and understood that it’s ok to be who they are and to never change who they are just because someone else doesn’t think they’re ‘cool’ enough. That they should always be a leader, not a follower.
5. Who is your go-to person when you need advice/help?
My mom is who I go to when I need help or advice. There’s no one in this world who gives better advice (even if I don’t like what I’m hearing lol)
6. Who do you look up to as a mom?
I actually look up to a few mothers. My mom, of course. I also think my best friend, Bee is a great mother. She raised a wonderful son. And finally, Jessie. She took on raising a stepson and has loved him as her own and has been teaching him the things necessary to become a productive citizen. She’s loved my daughter as her own. And then, she’s a wonderful mother to her own daughter, my daughter’s sister.
7. What have you learned since becoming a mom?
I’ve learned just how strong I am once I became a mom. Raising 3 children on my own has been hard. I’ve also learned that unconditional love is a very real, deep and abiding thing.
8. What is one thing you love most about being a mom?
One of the things I love most about being a mom is watching them grow up and seeing what decent, honest, funny, self confident people they are becoming. They are my heart but they are also my responsibility to create productive citizens and seeing that they are on their way to becoming that makes me very proud.
Stephanie and I have become extremely close over this past year. She has shown me what a strong woman is. Her being a single mother of 3 has shown me what real patience is. She a been through more than most people wouldn’t be able to endure and still came out strong. She has had to teach her kid right from wrong on her on. She had to raise her boys to be men on her own and that is one of the biggest reasons why she inspires me so much. She had to learn and adapt to the single parent life to 3 kids which is one of the hardest things any parent has to do. She is always open with her kids and makes sure they know that they can be open with her no matter. She has shown me what a real friend is and how to be a stronger person in many aspects. She inspires me to be opinionated no matter what and to never give up. She inspires me to be a better mother, a stronger woman and always an honest person. I just love her so much and am very lucky to have her in my life.
I am lucky to call these amazing people apart of my family.
On another note: On the 28th of this month is Stephanie’s birthday. Happy birthday month love. I am sad that we can’t spend it together but I hope you have the best birthday ever. We all know you definitely deserve it.