I’ve heard from a few mom’s that their pregnancies were just so amazing and and so beautiful the whole 9 months… they are definitely lying…
Don’t get me wrong, I think being pregnant is such an amazing experience, and I absolutely love it (well, most of it), but it’s also not all sugar and rainbows! Let’s be honest, pregnancy can suck.
What I necessarily don’t like about being pregnant:
1. Morning sickness! I honestly don’t know why they call it morning sickness. I was sick at all hours of the day for the first 3 months!! Anything i ate right before I got sick, I couldn’t eat for months! Unfortunately, bacon was one of the things. Such a sad day for me.
2. Crazy hormones! Oh lord! Crying for no reason. Getting angry because someone put a fork where the spoons go. Yeahhh. Thank goodness my hormones aren’t as bad as they were. (I’m sure if you ask my husband, he’d say otherwise, so we’re just going to keep him out of this one!)
4. Not fitting into your clothes!! For the first like 4 months of my pregnancy, I was still able to wear my size 3 jeans, with a rubber band of course but ever since I hit 6 months, I literally cannot fit into ANY of my clothing! I guess I’m finally going to have to buy maternity clothes or should I just wear pajamas the rest of my pregnancy?
5. Not being able to put on your socks! Oh my goodness, this has become such a challenge for me. If I’m going somewhere that requires me to wear socks (such as work), I have to get ready an extra 10 minutes early just because it takes time to put them on. Luckily, the shoes I wear are slip on shoes.
6. The comments!!! I’ve heard them all. I don’t know why everyone feels they need to share their opinion about my pregnancy to me but it annoys the living daylights out of me!
“You’re Pregnant?! You don’t look pregnant! “, “you’ve gained a lot of weight. It looks better on you!” (So, I looked disgusting before I was pregnant…? Cool.)
Oh! I also hate it when people I don’t know try and touch my belly! It’s weird and creepy.
Now, with that being said, I don’t want anyone to think that I hate being pregnant, I love it actually!
1. Knowing that there is a tiny human being inside you and you are going to be their mother. Best.feeling.Ever.
2. The first kick. Once you feel that, you know it’s a for sure thing that there is a baby in there! First time I felt my daughter kick, I was laying on my bed and my dog had his head on my stomach and she kicked him right in the face!
3. BABY CLOTHES! Aren’t they just the cutest things ever?! The best thing about it is that you can dress your kid in anything you think is adorable and there is nothing they can do about it!
4. Prenatles. These are awesome. Longer hair & nails. What all women want right?
5. The fact that you can use the excuse “I’m eating for 2” when eating like a pig! I love food.
6. Your husband telling you how cute you look with a waddle and a huge belly. Lol. They are probably the only ones who genuinely mean it!
Even though pregnancy comes with a lot of grossness and challenges, I would never in a million years give any of it up. 💜💜💜